This salad recipe is my favorite to showcase vibrant vegetables that are so good on their own and don't need to be much to make them into a delicious meal.
On cold winter nights, I add ginger and a touch of chili flakes to brighten up with a little heat. It's warming and tasty. And on warm days, even simple lemon juice and olive oil with nice crisp lettuces are good enough to cool you down.
Salad is fantastic on its own as an accompaniment to any meal, or throw in some protein of your choice to call it a meal in a bowl. This salad recipe goes well with The best Mongolian pork chop or, serve with balance me grilled cheese sandwich is also ideal, or an accompaniment to this Fried fish fillet with rice pilaf.
Vegetables and fruits for salad
If you love eating raw vegetables, It is unlimited. Your own imagination will ramp up.
I must admit, eating raw vegetables like the salad was not something we grew up with.
But, thank goodness to the western countries' influences that I was able to admire any type of vegetables. I never realize I'm here sitting and eating a whole raw bell pepper and stalks of celery dipped in peanut butter, also enjoyed tomatoes like real fruit, juicy cucumber to quench the thirst, and lettuces, as long as they're washed and cleaned, I ate them as is. It may sound weirdo but I think the promotion of eating healthy is getting louder and louder. Another reason to keep coming back to this food blog with the flavor of nature and yumm recipes.
Aside from the nutrient-dense profile of lettuces, cucumbers and tomatoes- Radishes are one of my favorite add ons. Besides vegetables, fruits can jazz up your salad as well like this Papaya and mango salad with ginger-lime vinaigrette.
What is radish?
Radish has a strong natural spice on them and is quite pungent that gives an interesting flavor and texture to any salad recipe.
- Relieves respiratory issues.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Supports weightloss.
- Aids in digestive process.
- Low carb and non starchy food.
Vinaigrette For salad
The most basic formula for making salad vinaigrette is one part vinegar or other acid mixed with two or three parts of oil. seasoning and flavors depend on your imagination and there are soo many to try. But for the most part, I always love the Asian-inspired vinaigrette with added ginger, sesame oil and lime juice. On the other hand, you don't have to stick with one recipe. Have your vegetables ready and vinaigrette comes whatever you have on hand. Should you use store-bought Vinaigrette? absolutely, but then the ease of making vinaigrette at home, why don't you make it instead?
Favourite house salad with ginger vinaigrette
- Serving bowl, vegetable peeler
Lemon-ginger vinaigrette dressing
- 4 tablespoon Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoon Any neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 12 ounces lettuces, chopped
- 12 pieces cherry tomatoes, cut in half or any kind of tomatoes
- 1 pieces mini cucumbers, sliced
- 5 pieces radish, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients in a lidded jar and shake vigorously to incorporate.
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large serving bowl
- Drizzle the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Use any kind of leafy salad or a mix.
- Add any vegetables of your choice like asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cabbage, or brussel sprouts to name a few. It is unlimited.
- Any cooked grains and seeds are the best ad on
- Any protein of your choice.