Watermelon is a staple in many, many summertime picnics and gatherings. While we all agree with its most common benefit - refreshing! But why just eat watermelon as is? Coupled with lemon and mint will provide a more satisfying, tasty and fruity lemonade to quench the heat.
Lemonade is always a popular refreshing drink in summer. Of course, there are hundreds of ideas to choose from. Should I even have to write a recipe about lemonade? Not really, but there's a good reason for me to share about it.
This watermelon lemonade was inspired by my watermelon pizza with grape tartar on this site. I don't think there is such a thing as too much watermelon, after you ate them, why not drink it too....
This thirst quencher watermelon lemonade speaks to itself. Another reason to love this lemonade, you will only need three ingredients but don't forget ice cubes to serve with it.
- Lemon juice
- Mint leaves
- Ice cubes
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make watermelon lemonade?
Now that you're onboard to make you're own fruity and tasty lemonade at home, you will need a blender, a heavy-duty food processor or just a plain and simple mini food processor.
After you peel and cut the watermelon into smaller pieces, transfer it into the food processor or blender together with some of the mint leaves. Process the fruit to puree. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the pureed fruit and mint into a measuring cup or any container you have and discard the pulp. Stir the lemon juice into the strained watermelon juice.
Fill the carafe, a jug or a pitcher with ice cubes or chilled water, sliced lemons and a few crumbled lime leaves for optimum flavor. Then, pour the strained watermelon-lemon juice. Give a few rounds of stirring to combine.
Let it sit in the fridge for 10 minutes or so for a bolder flavor or serve immediately and enjoy.
- Hint: Should you have to strain the pureed watermelon? I would suggest doing so for a clean and clear feel when you drink it. But if you enjoy the touch of smoothie feel, it is a matter of preference.
- If you think the watermelon is not sweet enough for your liking, add some honey, simple syrup or any sweetener you choose.
Once you have combined the watermelon juice, lemon juice and mint; you have 2-3 days of peak drinking time(if there are still some left to last that long).
Summer watermelon lemonade
- Blender or food processor
- water pitcher
- 400 Grams Watermelon, chunky sliced (1 ⅔ cup Strained juice)
- 10 Leaves Mint
- ½ Cup Lemon juice
- 16-20 Pieces Ice cubes
- 1 Lemon sliced thinly for garnish
- 2 Cups Chilled steeped green tea or water
- Thinly sliced watermelon
- Sliced lemon
- Mint leaves
- Place the watermelon and 10 mint leaves in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Fill the water carafe or pitcher large enough to hold the lemonade with ice cubes. Add the lemon slices and some extra mint leaves. Strain the pureed watermelon and mint leaf using a fine mesh strainer. Discard the pulp and then pour the juice over the ice.
- Add the lemon juice and chilled green tea or water. Stir to combine. Chill in the fridge or serve immediately garnished with sliced watermelon, sliced lemon and or mint leaves.
Thank you for coming! Let me know what you think.