There are hundreds of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there. Everyone has their favourite, either soft, chewy or dry cookie. But here at home, this cookie recipe stands out all the time. It is the foundation of all the cookies I make. Not only because it is super delicious, but it is also very easy to make and with only four basic ingredients that are always readily available, especially if you enjoy cooking and baking.
If you are a die-hard fan of soft chewy cookie this is not for you, but if you want to have something that gives a crunch as you bite tasting and feeling all the sensation coming from the caramelized depth flavour of granulated “cane” sugar as it unites with the multi-layered scent and flavour of chocolate and butter, you’re on the right place!
I adore some of those people who don’t have any sweet tooth at all especially that Dentists are expensive and I knew one of them. She doesn't have sweet cravings, instead, her knees melt down when we pass by at Popeyes because the smell of fried food arouses her crazy senses. Still, I will never trade my beautiful and nice cookie for popeyes or KFC. This is how the sweet aroma of baking cookies envelops yourself.
Cookies are something that I can play around, It allows me freedom and creativity. That is why when you understand the basic technique, only your imagination can stop you.
Sweet & Salty CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- ½ Cup soft butter
- ½ Cup plus 2 tablespoon granulated “cane”sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ Cup semisweet chocolate chip or a combination of any type of chocolates
- Coarse salt ( I used Maldon sea salt) for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl using a handheld mixer or a whisk, whisk the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until creamy
- Add the flour and chocolate chips and mix to combine until they held together (Do not over mix)
- Scoop the dough to the prepared baking pan, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Give a gentle press to the dough and sprinkle generous amount of coarse salt on top.
- Into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or when the sides are golden brown.
- Take it out from the oven and let the cookies set in the pan for a few minutes then transfer them to the cooling rack immediately to cool or enjoy it warm.