"God gave us all the ingredients we need to bake but he expects us to add a lot of love to give dessert a life, and share with family and friends, to see them smile"
I promise you, you will love this cake. It’s fudgy, moist and tastes better the next day.
CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE WITH SALTED CARAMEL- CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 3 Eight inches cake pan ,lightly greased and lined with parchment paper
- 1 ½ cup Whole milk
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Cocoa powder – sifted
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups Granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Cup Strong, hot brewed coffee
- 1 ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 8 ounces Bittersweet chocolate (preferred 70%), chopped into small chunks
- 1 ½ cup Unsalted butter at room temperature
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Grated white chocolate and chocolate pearls for
- Grated white chocolate
- Chocolate pearls
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Combine and sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- In an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine all the liquid ingredients thoroughly at a low speed.
- Add the flour mixture and whisk for two minutes on medium speed.
- Turn the speed to low, add the coffee and beat until the batter is very smooth
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan and transfer the cake to a cooling rack to cool completely
Make the caramel
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Keep stirring until the sugar dissolve.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, lower the heat to low Let it simmer for around 10-12 minutes swirling the pan once in a while, brushing the sides with a wet pastry brush until the mixture turns into a deep amber color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the cream, be careful as the mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Return the pan to medium heat, add salt and continue cooking for at least 2 minutes, stirring until smooth.
Make the chocolate-caramel frosting
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof, heavy-duty mixing bowl (or the standing mixer mixing bowl) and then pour the hot caramel over the chocolate chunks. Stir until creamy and smooth. Let it cool, stirring occasionally.
- Using an electric handheld mixer or a standing mixer, Whip the chocolate mixture on a medium-high speed adding the butter gradually until smooth and thickened. If it is too loose, put it in the fridge until stiff enough to spread easily.
- Slice the cake horizontally and evenly into 2 pieces to create a six-layer cake. On a cake platter or a cake stand, Place one layer of cake and spread enough frosting to come just beyond the edges. Place the second layer repeating the process until the sixth layer. Press the cake gently to adhere. Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides.
- Sprinkle flakey salt if using, grated white chocolate and or chocolate pearls. ENJOY!